The impact of Using a situational learning -based strategy on Developing verbal fluency and functional writing for non-Arabic Speaking Russian students
Abstract: The current study has aimed at developing the skills of verbal fluency and functional writing for non-Arabic Speaking Russian students via using a situational learning based strategy. The research group consisted of (23) students who are among the delegation of students at Pyatigorsk University in Russia which studded in Assiut University. The researcher has used the following tools: a list of appropriate verbal fluency skills for non-Arabic Speaking Russian students; other suitable functional writing aspects for non-Arabic speaking Russian students, a list of appropriate writing skills for non-Arabic speaking Russian students, a test of appropriate functional writing skills for non-Arabic speaking Russian students, and a user guide of a situational learning- based strategy.The research has come down to a point that there is a positive effect of using a situational learning- based strategy on verbal fluency and functional writing for non-Arabic Speaking Russian students at Pyatigorsk University. At the end of the research, the researcher has presented a set of recommendations and suggestions related to the research results.
Keywords: verbal fluency, functional writing, and Russian students at the University of Pyatigorsk.
• Abdel Aziz, Sayed. (2013). Teaching Thinking and Skills, Third Edition, Cairo: Dar Al Thaqafa for Publishing and Distribution. (In Arabic).
• Abdel Bari, Maher Shaaban. (2010). Creative and Creative Writing, Amman: Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution. (In Arabic).
• Abdel Hamid, Said Kamal. (2018), The Effectiveness of a Training Program in Reducing Verbal Disorder in Kindergarten Children with Minor Intellectual Disabilities and its Impact on Their Verbal Memory, International Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Arab Institute for Scientific Research and Human Development, April 3, pp. 164-200 . (In Arabic).
• Abdul Rahman, Osama Mustafa Mohammed (2014), Effectiveness of the program using the strategy of teaching diagnostic therapy in teaching grammar for blind students with learning difficulties on achievement and verbal fluency and development of tendencies toward Arabic language material, Educational Journal, Faculty of Education, Sohag University, 35), pp. 358: 359. (In Arabic).
• Abdullah, Rehab Zanati (2005), Effectiveness of a program on the ability of some of the written expression skills of the Azhar preparatory school students in the light of the introduction of interactive writing, unpublished master thesis, Girls College, Ain Shams University. (In Arabic).
• Abu Amsha, Khaled Hussein (2018), singer in the teaching of Arabic for non-speakers, Aswat for studies and publishing. (In Arabic).
• Abu Hijazi, Heba Mahmoud Shehadeh (2014), The Effectiveness of Arabic Language Curriculum for Non-Arabic Learners in Achieving Functional Expression among Students of Other Speakers Program at the University of Jordan, Unpublished Master Thesis, University of Jordan, College of Graduate Studies, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Abu Rizk, Ibtahal (1999), The Effect of a Proposed Program for the Development of Written Expression in the Arabic Language among 10th Grade Students in Jordan, Unpublished Master Thesis, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Alkenany, Mamdouh Abdel Moneim. (2005), The Psychology of Creativity and its Methods of Development, Amman, Dar Al-Masirah Publishing. (In Arabic).
• Al-Khawaldeh, Nujood Mahmoud. (2001), The Effectiveness of Using the Writing Process Model in Learning the Skills of Written Expression among 10th Grade Students, Unpublished Master Thesis, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Al-Makhzoumi, Mohammed Nasser. (2004). The Impact of a Proposed Educational Program on the Development of the Skills of Functional Writing Expression among Grade 10 Students in Irbid Second Education Sector, Unpublished Master Thesis, Yarmouk University, Faculty of Education, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Al-Qarni, Mohsen Abdulla Moeed (2015), The Effectiveness of an Educational Program Based on the Strategy of Brainstorming in Social Studies for the Development of Verbal Fluency in Talented Students in Qunfudah, International Specialized Educational Journal, International Consulting and Training Group, Saudi Arabia, , No. 10, pp. 1: 39. (In Arabic).
• Ashbair, Fatima Said Ahmed (2017). The Impact of the Use of Computerized Linguistic Activities in the Development of Language Fluency Skills of Third Grade Students in Gaza, Unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Education, Al-Azhar University, Gaza, Palestine. (In Arabic).
• Ashtewi, Jalal Mofleh (2012). Effectiveness of an educational program based on the social curve in the teaching of literary issues in the achievement and expression of students of the first grade of literary secondary, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Jordan, Graduate School, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Awad, Faiza Mohammed. (2002). A comparison between the traditional entrance and the entrance of the writing process in the development of awareness of its operations and the development of its skills among secondary school students, Journal of Reading and Knowledge, Egyptian Society for Reading and Knowledge, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University, p. 16, pp. 23 77. (In Arabic).
• Azzazi, Salwa Mohammed. (2004), Effectiveness of a Literary Literacy Program in the Development of Skills of Functional Expression in Preparatory Students, Unpublished PhD Thesis, Mansoura University, Egypt (In Arabic).
• Batayneh, Ziad Ahmed Salama. (2014), the effectiveness of a strategy based on imagination in improving the skills of written expression and inductive thinking among high school students in the city of Taif, Journal of Culture and Development, Egypt. (In Arabic).
• Bishara, Mowafaq Salim. (2010), The Effect of a Vocabulary Training Program on the Development of Cognitive Speed in a Sample of Ninth Grade Students, Educational Journal, Kuwait University, Scientific Publishing Council, December, Volume 25, No. 97, pp. 339: 371. (In Arabic).
• Borschachn, Abdel Raouf (2003), Strategy for the formation of the adequacy of expression, Journal of Education, Morocco. (In Arabic).
• Brown, J., Collins, A. & Duguid, P. (1989). Situated cognition and the culture of learning. Educational Researcher, 18(1), 32-41
• Choi، J. & Hannafin، M. (1997). The effects of instructional context and reasoning complexity on mathematics problem solving. Educational Technology Research and Development، 45(3)، 43-55.
• Choi، J. & Hannafin، M. J. (1995). Situated cognition and learning environments: Roles، structures، and implications for design. Educational Technology Research and Development، 43(2)، 53-70..
• Cobb، P. & Bowers، J. (1999). Cognitive and situated learning perspectives in theory and practice. Educational Research، 28(2)، 4-14.
• Collins، A. (1990). Reformulating testing to measure learning and thinking. In N. Fredriksen، R. Glaserm A. Lesgold، & M. G. Shafto، (Eds.)، Diagnostic monitoring of skill and knowledge acquisition (pp. 75-87). Hillsdale، NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
• Collins، A. S.، Brown، J. S.، & Newman، S. E. (1989). Cognitive apprenticeship; Teaching the crafts of reading، writing، and mathematics. In L. B. Resnick (Ed.)، Knowing، learning، and instruction: Essays in honor of Robert Glaser (pp.453-494). Hillsdale، NJ: Erlbaum.
• Conkling، s. w. (2007): "The possibilities of situated learning for Teacher Preraration: The professional Development partnership". Music Educators Journal, V93 n3 p44, Jan 2007.
• Dana, T. M., & Tippins, D. J. (1993). Considering alternative assessments for middle level learners. Middle School Journal, 25(2), 3-5
• Duffy, T. & Cunningham, D. (1996). Constructivism: Implications for the Design and Delivery of Instruction. In D. Jonassen (Ed.), Handbook of research on educational communications and technology. New York: Simon & Schuster.
• Fadlallah, Mohammed Rajab (2003), the process of writing career and its applications, "teaching and evaluation," Cairo, the world of books. (In Arabic).
• Greeno, J. (1998). The situativity of knowing, learning, and research. American Psychologist, 53(1), 5-26.
• Hanoura, Egyptian Abdel Hamid; and Issa, Hassan Ahmed. (1984), Differences Between Originality and Fluency in Two Groups of Egyptian and Kuwaiti University Students: Comparative Psychological Comparative Study, Educational Journal, Kuwait University, Scientific Publishing Council, December, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp. 109: 125. (In Arabic).
• Hardy , S . (2005) . Mathematics Interventions . USA : office of Specia Education programs
• Harley, S. (1993), Situated learning and classroom instruction. Educational Technology, 33(3), 46-51.
• Harracha, Nemer. (2015), Effectiveness of a Training Program on Improving Verbal Fluency, Self-Concept and Reduction of Social Disability among Students Suffering in a Jordanian Sample, Unpublished PhD Thesis, International Islamic University, Amman. Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Hashemi, Abdullah bin Muslim bin Ali (1995), a proposed program for the development of the skills of written expression for students in the first grade secondary in Oman, unpublished master thesis, Sultan Qaboos University, Faculty of Education and Islamic Sciences, Amman. Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Hawari, Jamal Farghal Ismail. (2005), the effect of the interaction between teaching using the two types of the entrance of linguistic experience (individual - collective) and the cognitive approach (risk - caution) in the development of some of the skills of linguistic creativity in a sample of second grade students Azhari, Journal of Faculty of Education, Banha University, October (15), No. 63, pp. 264: 316. (In Arabic).
• Henning, P. (1998). Everyday Cognition and Situated Learning. In Jonassen, D. (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology. (2nd. Ed.). New York: Simon & Schuster
• Hoppe, H. U. (1993). Cognitive apprenticeship: The emperor’s new method? A polemical reaction to the debate on situated cognition and cognitive apprenticeship. Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education, 4(1), 49-54
• Hung, D. & Chen, D. (2002). Two kinds of scaffolding: The dialectical process within the authenticity-generalizability (A-G) continuum. Education Technology & Society, 5(4), 148-153.
• Hurks, P.P.M.; Hendriksen, J.G.M.; Vies, J.S.H.; Klff, A.C.; Feron, F.J.M.; Krose, M.; Van Zeben, T.M.C.B.; Steyaert, J. & Jolles, J.(2004). Verbal fluency over time as a measure of automatic and controlled processing in children with ADHD. Brain and cognition, 36(8), 65- 83.
• Ibn Manzoor (1999), Lanson Al Arab, Vol. (8/15), I 3, Beirut, Lebanon. (In Arabic).
• Issa, Jaber Mohammed Abdullah; and Abu Zeid, Ahmed Mohamed Gad Lord. (2012), patterns of play with peers and verbal fluency as inventors of creative abilities of gifted and ordinary kindergarten children, Arab Studies in Education and Psychology, Saudi Arabia, Volume 1, No. 25, May, 81- 134. (In Arabic).
• Jarwan, Fathi Abdel Rahman (2007). Teaching Thinking Concepts and Applications, Third Edition, Cairo: Dar Al-Fikr. (In Arabic).
• Jonassen, D. H. (1991). Objectivism versus constructivism: Do we need a new philosophical paradigm? Educational Technology Research and Development, 39(3) , 5-14.
• Khalidi, Ahmed replies Raddad. (2013), The Effectiveness of Using the Achievement File in the Development of the Skills of Job Expression in Elementary School Students, Unpublished Master Thesis, Taif University, College of Education, Saudi Arabia. (In Arabic).
• Krumsvik, R. (2009): "Situated learning in the Network society and Digitised school, European Journal of teacher Education, V32 n2 p167-185, May 2009.
• Land, S., & Hannafin, M. (2000). Student-centered learning environments. In Jonassen, D. and Land, S. (Eds), Theoretical foundations of learning environments. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
• Lave, J., & Wenger, E. (1991). Situated learning: Legitimate peripheral participation. New York: Cambridge University Press
• Luszcz, M. A. (1989). Theoretical models of everyday problem solving in adulthood. In J. D. Sinott (Ed.), Everyday problem solving: Theory and applications (pp. 24-39). New York: Praeger.
• Madkour, Ali Ahmed. (2000): Teaching Language Arts, Cairo, Arab Thought House. (In Arabic).
• Mahmoud, Abdel Razek Mokhtar. (2008), Effectiveness of a training program to develop the skills of the use of Arabic teachers for the strategies of knowledge and its impact on the development of fluency and achievement of their students, Journal of Studies in Curriculum and Teaching Methods, The Egyptian Association for Curriculum and Teaching Methods, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University, Pp. 230: 289. (In Arabic).
• Morsi, Hamdi (2010), Effectiveness of a strategy based on learning in the treatment of learning difficulties of verbal verbal problems in primary school students, Journal of the Faculty of Education, Assiut University, vol. 26, p. 1, pp 400: 452. (In Arabic).
• Musa, Mohamed Mahmoud (1995), proposed therapeutic program in the expression of the functional writing of the students of the second cycle of basic education, Ph.D., Faculty of Education, Assiut University. (In Arabic).
• Muslim, Hassan. (1994), a measure of creativity in Arabic for students of the second cycle of basic education, unpublished master thesis, Faculty of Education, Zagazig University. (In Arabic).
• Omaris, Atef Mufleh. (2005), The Effect of a Proposed Educational Program on the Development of Writing Skills for the Eighth Grade Students in Tafileh Governorate, Unpublished Master Thesis, Deanship of Graduate Studies, Jordan. (In Arabic).
• Packer, M. (2001). The problem of transfer, and the sociocultural critique of schooling. The Journal of the Learning Sciences, 10, 493–514.
• Qasem, Hazem Mahmoud Rashed (2000), Effectiveness of using modern entries in the development of written expression skills among students of the second cycle of basic education, PhD thesis, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University. (In Arabic).
• Qatami, Naifah; Hamdi, Nazih; Qatami, Yusuf; Sobhi, Tayseer; Abu Talib, Saber . (2008), Development of Creativity and Creative Thinking in Educational Institutions, Cairo: United Arab Marketing and Supply Company (QAPC), Cairo, Egypt. (In Arabic).
• Rashid, Ali (2005), Creativity, Cairo, Arab Thought House.
• Saadoun, Reem (2014), Use of role-playing in the development of creative fluency in science for second-grade students, Journal of the Faculty of Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 108, pp. 4646: 443. (In Arabic).
• Sadler, T.D. (2009): "Situated learning in science Education: socio- scientific Issue as contexts for practice'. Studies in science Education, V45 n1 p1-42, Mar 2009.
• Shawahin, Kheir Sulaiman; Bindi, Shahrazad Saleh; Bindi, Taghreed Saleh. (2009). Developing Creative Thinking in Science and Mathematics using Science Fiction, Amman: Dar Al Masirah. (In Arabic).
• Shehata, Hassan Sayed. (2010), reference in the art of Arabic writing to form the creative mind, Dar Arab World, Cairo.
• Sheikh Mohammed Abdul Raouf. (1997), Linguistic Creativity in Higher Education Students in the United Arab Emirates: Measuring and Developing it: A Pilot Study, Yearbook of the College of Education, College of Education, Qatar University, No. 14, pp. 531-558. (In Arabic).
• Shepard, L. A. (1989). Why we need better assessments. Educational Leadership, 46(6), 4-9.
• Spiro, R. J., Fletovich, P. J., Jacobson, M. J., & Coulson, R. S. (1991). Knowledge representation, content specification, and the development of skill in situation-specific knowledge assembly: Some constructivist issues as they relate to cognitive flexibility theory and hypertext. Educational Technology, 31(9), 22-25.
• Talep , Amani Hamed Merghani (2007), Effectiveness of a program based on the total communication of students of the primary stage with hearing impairment in the development of some appropriate reading and writing skills for them, unpublished PhD thesis, Faculty of Education, Assiut University. (In Arabic).
• Woolf, N., Quinn, J. (2009): "Learners' Perceptions of Instructional Design Practice in asituated learning activity. Educational Technology Research and Development, V57 n1 p25-43, Feb 2009.
• Yusuf, Hashim Omar Musa. (2016), verbal fluency disorder and its relation to social support among elementary school students in Khartoum city, unpublished master thesis, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Nile University, Sudan. (In Arabic).
• Zara, Ahmed Zaree Ahmed (2009), Building a proposed position program in geography to develop awareness of human rights concepts and some of the collective learning skills of students in the preparatory stage, the second scientific conference - human rights and the curricula of social studies. , July, Vol. 2, pp. 10:55. (In Arabic).
• Zayat, Fathi (1995). Knowledge bases for mental training and information processing, Mansoura, Dar Al Wafaa for publication and distribution. (In Arabic).
Copyright (c) 2019 Adbel Razek Mokhtar Mahmoud
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)