Journal Article Reporting Standards in the light of American Psychological Association Style
Abstract: The paper attempts to identify indicators to write the research reports in the light of the APA Style, and to shape a proposed model for Research Reports structure. The paper reviews information to be included in Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS) Information Recommended for Inclusion in Manuscripts That Report New Data Collections Regardless of Research Design, Meta-Analysis Reporting Standards (MARS) Information Recommended for Inclusion in Manuscripts Reporting Meta-Analyses, and Flow of Participants Through Each Stage of an Experiment or Quasi-Experiment. The results of the survey and analysis proposed a model for Research Reports structure as: title, summary, report body (introduction, methods, results, discussion), bibliography, and annexes if any.
Key Words: Journal Article Reporting Standards, Research Report, Research Design, APA.
• American Educational Research Association. (2006). Standards for reporting on empirical social science research in AERA publications. Educational Researcher, 35(6), 33– 40.
• American Psychological Association. (2009). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
• APA Presidential Task Force on Evidence-Based Practice. (2006). Evidence-based practice in psychology. American Psychologist, 61, 271– 283.
• Appelbaum, M., Cooper, H., Kline, R.B., Mayo-Wilson, E., Nezu, A.M., & Rao, S.M. (2018). Journal article reporting standards for quantitative research in psychology: The APA Publications and Communications Board task force report. The American psychologist, 73 1, 3-25 .
• Cooper, H. (2009). Research synthesis and meta-analysis: A step-by-step approach (4th ed.). Thousand, Oaks, CA: Sage.
• Stroup, D. F., Berlin, J. A., Morton, S. C., Olkin, I., Williamson, G. D., Rennie, D., et al. (2000). Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology. Journal of the American Medical Association, 283, 2008 –2012.
Copyright (c) 2019 Hisham Barakat Hussein
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)