The role of Faculty Member in Jordanian Universities in Educating Students of the Risks of Extreme Terrorism Thoughts and improving their National Sense as Perceived by Students.
The purpose of the study is investigating the role of faculty member in Jordanian universities in educating students of the risks of extreme terrorist thoughts and improving their national sense as perceived by students. To achieve this aim a sample totaling (420) male and female students was selected randomly from the population totaling (800) male and female students, then tested by adopting the analytical descriptive approach within a questionnaire consisted of two domains: the first the role of faculty member in Jordanian universities in educating students of the risks of extreme terrorism within (18)items and the second the role of faculty member in Jordanian universities in improving students' national sense within (15)items, then reliability and validity were checked. The findings of the study showed that the role of faculty member in Jordanian universities in educating students of the risks of extreme terrorism and improving national sense was at an average level. Moreover, there are significant statistical differences at the level of (α= 0.05) attributed to gender in favor of males. There are significant statistical differences at the level of (α= 0.05) attributed to college variable in favor of humanitarian colleges.
• Abu roman, A. (2016). Methods of Preventing and fighting Terrorism in the middle East and North of Africa. Conference Paper for the regional conference held on 2/6/2016 in Land Mark hotel. Amman. Jordan. (In Arabic)
• Al- boraee, W. (2000). The role of University in facing intellectual Extremism. PhD dissertation, Alexandria University, Egypt. (In Arabic)
• Al-dahri, K. (2002). The role of Islamic Education in Terrorism. Al-Riyadh: Alam al-kotob publishers. (In Arabic)
• Al-jabar, A. (2005). Terrorism in Shari Scale. Saudi Arabia: King Fahad University. (In Arabic)
• Al-jehni, a. (2009). The role of Security forces in dealing with extremism and terrorism: social partnership. Paper presented to the first national conference of intellectual security 22-25/52009. Al-Riyadh- Saudi Arabia. (In Arabic)
• Al-najar, B. (2013). The role of Higher education Institutions in developing national sense among Students. Paper presented to the first scientific conference 22/23/10/2013. Khan yunis. Palsetine. (In Arabic)
• Al-omiri, M. (2004). Islam position of Terrorism. Al-Riyadh: Nayef Arabic University for security sciences. (In Arabic)
• Al-omosh, a. (2008). University students' attitudes towards Terrorism in UAE. Al-sharqa human and social sciences journal, 5(3), 1-33. (In Arabic).
• Al-qdah, M. (2007). Preventive education in Terrorism era. Retrieved on 20/10/2017 from http://www.startimes.com/f.aspx?t=18674424 . (In Arabic)
• Al-sadlan, S. (2005). Features of the Islamic thought and its forms. Mecca; Al-nahda publishers. (In Arabic).
• Al-sultani, N. (2015). The role of Ministry of education in fortifying youth minds from extremism and Terrorism. Basic Education College Journal, Babel University, (23), 571-575. (In Arabic).
• Al-thweny, Y. (2010). Perspective vision for activating the role of higher education institutions in facing violence and terrorism in the light of local and international Challenges. Culture and Development Journal, Egypt, 9330, 212-263. (In Arabic).
• Hanoon, r & Al-bytar, L. (2008). Perceptions of a sample of Palestinian university students for terrorism phenomenon; Pilot Study. Paper presented to Al-husien University international conference (terrorism in the digital era), Ma'an, Jordan 10-12/72008. (In Arabic).
• His Royal Majesty King Abdullah II. (2004). Amman Message. Jordan. 9/11/2004. (In Arabic)
• Maher, H. (2016). The role of Education in facing Extremism and terrorism. Retrieved on 7/11/2017 from https://mugtama.com/ntellectual/item/46827-2016-12-05-12-40-59.html . (In Arabic).
• Olsen L (2009). sence of Place in Museum public Programming :Three Case studies journal of Museum Educaitonl vol34 no 3 spring pp 293-300. (In Arabic).
• Olsen L (2009). Since of Place in Museum public Programming :Three Case studies. Journal of Museum Education, 34 (3), spring pp 293-300.
• Shaker, A. (2017). Psychological Explanation of Extremism and Terrorism. Egypt; Alexandria Library. (In Arabic).
• Shalta, A. (2014). Religious Case in Egypt. Alexandria: Unit of future studies. (In Arabic).
Copyright (c) 2018 Ahmad Mohammad Al Khzaleh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)